The Tortuga Audio Remote
The Tortuga Audio remote is a custom infrared remote designed to work with all of our LDRx passive preamp products including the DIY LDR3x board.
Since it’s designed to work with all models, it has input select buttons for up to 6 input devices to accommodate our 6 input LDR6. When used with the single input LDR1, these buttons do not function. With the 3 input LDR3x, only the top row of input select buttons are functional.
- Power – toggles unit on/off
- Mute – toggles the unit into and out of mute
- Raise – increases volume
- Lower – reduces volume
- Left – adjusts channel balance towards left side when in balance adjust mode
- Right – adjusts channel balance towards right side when in balance adjust mode
- Enter – confirms (locks in) new channel input selection, or, when in balance adjust mode, locks in the new channel balance settings and cancels balance adjust mode
- Balance – puts unit into balance adjust mode
- Reset – resets channel balance to neutral
- CD (Input 1) – selects input channel #1
- DAC (Input 2) – selects input channel #2
- Phono (Input 3) – selects input channel #3
- TV (Input 4) – selects input channel #4 (only works with our LDR6 preamp)
- DVD (Input 5) – selects input channel #5 (only works with our LDR6 preamp)
- Aux (Input 6) – selects input channel #6 (only works with our LDR6 preamp)
Do I Need A Remote?
Not really, but why wouldn’t you want one? All Tortuga Audio preamp products including the DIY LDR3x can be controlled manually via a rotary encoder and in the case of the DIY LDR3x via other manual input options.
All finished LDRx preamp products include a Tortuga Audio remote. A Tortuga Audio remote is optional for the DIY LDR3x.
And, as explained in more detail below, all Tortuga Audio preamp products can be controlled with the Apple Remote provided they have the required updated software.[/box]