The PS12.5 Power Supply (the “PS12.5”) is a high performance 12 and/or 5 VDC switch mode dc regulated power supply for powering the LDR3x Preamp Controller Board (versions 1 or 2) or any other audio device that can benefit from up to 800 mA of clean 12VDC and 5 VDC power. The PS12.5 can be configured to run off of either a 115 or 230 VAC source.
The PS12.5 consists of both a 1.75″ x 3.5″ circuit board plus a separate 2.4″ diameter x 1.1″ tall 10VA toroidal transformer. These two items are typically mounted adjacent to each other (see example photo to the right) and wired together in accordance with instructions provided.
- High performance low noise power supply for the the LDR3x Preamp Controller Board (versions 1 or 2)
- Low ripple linear stage (4700 uF filter) followed by 260 kHz high efficiency switch mode dc-dc regulator
- Single or optional dual regulators:
- Single channel 12 VDC (400 mA)
- Single channel 5 VDC (400 mA)
- Dual channel 12 VDC (2 x 400 mA)
- Dual channel 5 VDC (2 x 400 mA)
- Dual channel 12VDC (400 mA) and 5 VDC (400 mA)
- Provides up to 400 mA of current per channel – 800 mA combined
- Multiple ground plane connection points (both screw terminal & solder pad) for implementing star grounding
- Clearly labeled on board connection points for attaching both primary and secondary windings of the transformer
- Transformer and board designed to accommodate both 115 and 230 VAC source power (switchable via jumpers or external switch (not included))
- All connections can be made via either screw terminals or solder pads (or combination of both)
- Transformer can be located up to 10 inches away from the PS12 board
- Low noise 10 VA toroidal transformer comes with mounting screw and pad for direct mounting to chassis
Is The PS12.5 Required?
The PS12.5 is NOT REQUIRED for powering the LDR3x Preamp Controller Board. However, depending on which version of the LDR3x you own/purchase, you will need either a 12 VDC or 5 VDC external power supply to power the LDR3x.
- LDR3x – Version 1 (discontinued) – Version 1 of the LDR3x can be powered by either 12 VDC (regulated or unregulated) or 5 VDC (regulated only). If powered with 5 VDC the “12 V Trigger Out” feature is disabled.
- LDR3x – Version 2 – Version 2 of the LDR3x must be powered with a 12 VDC supply (regulated or unregulated) since it requires ~12 VDC to function properly beyond just the “12 V Trigger Out” feature.
- PS12.5 Board – Ready to go high quality gold-nickel immersion printed circuit board with all components already mounted
- PS12.5 Transformer – High quality low noise toroidal transformer with chassis mounting screw and pad included
Please note that no mounting hardware is provided for mounting the PS12.5 Board.
This info is available in the product documentation for the PS12.5 Power Supply.