Now With OLED Display
The kit has been updated to include our new menu driven graphic OLED display which makes our LDR preamp kits much easier to set up and control.
Kit Version of the LDR3.V25
The LDR3.V25K is a lower cost kit version of the LDR3.V25 Passive Preamp that Tortuga Audio sells as a finished preamp product.
We encourage you to review the product information for the LDR3.V25 since it is fully applicable to the kit version but for the exceptions mentioned below.
The differences between the base version of the kit and the non-kit LDR3 are as follows:
- Front Panel – The front panel of the kit is acrylic whereas the non-kit is brushed anodized aluminum with acrylic inlay.
- RCA Jacks – The non-kit version uses high quality Cardas jacks while the kit uses generic jacks (Cardas available as an upgrade option).
- Hookup Wiring – The non-kit uses high quality Neotech UP-OCC solid copper hookup wire while the kit uses MilSpec silver coated stranded copper wire (Neotech available as upgrade option).
Comprehensive Single-Ended (RCA) Passive Preamp Kit
The LDR3.V25K is an affordable audiophile grade passive preamp kit with everything you need including the V25 preamp controller board, enclosure, RCA jacks, power supply, remote etc.
The kit’s circuit boards are all completed and tested so you won’t be soldering resistors, capacitors etc. on to circuit boards with this kit.
Not A Difficult Kit To Build
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being expert level, this kit is probably around a 2-3 difficulty level. Most of the work involves straight-forward mechanical assembly and point-to-point soldering of wires plus plugging in a few cables.
All circuit boards are provided fully built and tested. No soldering of components to circuit boards required.
In addition to the kit itself, you will need the following items:
- Soldering iron
- Allen(hex) wrench for socket head screws used to attach panels
- Wire strippers for stripping insulation off wires
- Wire cutters for cutting wires to length
- Small screw drivers (both regular and phillips) for stand-off screws, encoder knob etc.
- Wrenches and/or sockets for RCA jacks and tightening various nuts.
Online Assembly Instructions
You can find additional information including detailed assembly instructions with photos in our online product documentation
- RCA Jacks – Upgrade to Cardas RCA jacks
- Hookup Wire – Neotech 26AWG UP-OCC Solid Copper